Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Kira Tynan's review of The Defect



Kira Tynan's review of The Defect. I really liked it I thoroughly enjoyed this book about the sabotage of an American nuclear power plant. The author has extensive experience with the subject matter and gives great detail on the events that occur before, during and after a reactor accident. The key players are identified up front. The background set up is well-defined. The book's pace is steady but swift; this was a fast, easy read with a lead character who is likeable and respect-worthy from the beginning--and bad guys who weren't quite as bad as they believed. There's even a hint of romance that was handled at an appropriate level for the type of story being told. All in all, a wonderful read with the promise of other books to follow in this series. Mr. Bailey, well done!

Books by Kira Tynan include: The Third Choice, The Red King, A Safe Place, and Dream Lover.



My name is Jeff Bailey. I write nuclear thrillers for a reason, I’ve worked in
nuclear related industries, from nuclear weapons to nuclear research, for fifty years. Deer Hawk Publications released my first book, The Defect in June of 2016. In The Defect, I tell the story of a terrorist attack on a nuclear power plant and why the government covered it up. The Defect is based on true events. Deer Hawk Publications is scheduled to release I’m a Marine in the summer of 2017. I’m a Marine is about a female aviation firefighter in the U.S. Marines who witnesses the murder of two M.P.s. She decides that it is her duty to stop them. Keep in mind that I write nuclear thrillers. The Chilcoat Project, to be released in spring of 2018, is about the theft of nuclear weapons secrets from a national laboratory. The Chilcoat Project is also based on true events. My current project, Wine Country, is based on the true story of the Radioactive Boy Scout, but with a more sinister twist.
Welcome to my world.


No comments:

Post a Comment