Sunday, December 18, 2016

Winter Inspiration

I'm just sitting down to write for a while on this beautiful Sunday morning. This is the scene that greets me out my picture window. It's ten degrees outside and as peaceful and still as it looks. We can't see it in the picture but it is snowing ever so slightly. I find myself watching for a deer to walk across my back yard. Deer live in this area of Washington state. I have seen them in the wilder areas of our neighborhood, but never in my back yard. One can hope. If this was Norman Rockwell's back yard, a deer would make an appearance. I look at this scene and I can't help but wonder what new and interesting things the new year will bring. I'm always surprised that the new year brings far more than I imagined. Oh well, for now it's time to write. I love getting lost in my stories. I like where the writing process takes me. As a rule, my coffee gets cold or my iced tea gets warm before I look up again. I'll see you in a few hours. Welcome to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment