Monday, May 22, 2017

Killers of the Flower Moon, a review by Jeff Bailey



I’m a fan of historical novels. I believe that the historical novel is the proper way to teach history: with the stories of the people who lived (or, in this case, died) in that history. Killers of the Flower Moon was one the best I’ve ever read. The presentation was superb, detailed, and meticulous. This is the story of a well intentioned government program to protect the Osage People that created a regional cottage industry dedicated to killing the Osage People. History buffs, conspiracy buffs, and true crime buffs will all like the story. The breadth of this tragedy astounded me. But, the last fifty pages brought home the realization that the author was able to ferret out only a small part of the story before it started to fade into time. Thank you, Mr. Grann, for preserving this part of our American story. Astonishing. Jeff Bailey, author of The Defect.


My name is Jeff Bailey. I write action/thrillers with a nuclear theme because I worked in nuclear related industries, from nuclear weapons to nuclear research, for fifty years. In The DefectI tell the story of a terrorist attack on a nuclear power plant and why the government covered it up. I based the story on true events. Deer Hawk Publications has scheduled to release of Not On My Watch. Not On My Watch is about a female, aviation firefighter in the U.S. Marines who witnesses the murder of two M.P.s. She decides that it is her duty to stop them. The screenplay version of Not On My Watch is available on request. Keep in mind that I write nuclear thrillers. The Chilcoat Project is about the theft of nuclear weapons secrets from a national laboratory. True events form the core of the storyline of The Chilcoat Project. The Radioactive Boy Scout is the inspiration for my current project, Wine Country, a case of industrial sabotage. The screenplay version is in development. I have five more thrillers story-boarded for future development.


Welcome to my World


No comments:

Post a Comment