Saturday, January 23, 2016

My writing style

A reader asked me to describe my writing style. Well, I spent 40 years working with nuclear weapons, nuclear power plants, and in nuclear research. That is the world that I know. I believe that a writer should write what he knows. A first hand account of the trials of a cancer patient written by a cancer survivor is always more real, more gripping. Dr. Robin Cook writes medical thrillers. John Grisham writes law thrillers. Clive Cussler writes sunken treasure stories.

For my stories, I take real events connected to a nuclear industry from the news and base a story around the true events. Of course, none of the events in my books are factual. The cover ups are too complete. I also incorporate some real events that have no nuclear connections to help tell the story. I find that there is usually more to a news story than is told. As part of the irony that I try to create, I present a fiction about the possible extended real news story to help me present my story. Last, I incorporate scenes, situations, and places from my life into the books. The book I'm a Marine was based, in part, on my granddaughter who was a Marine Aviation Firefighter when I was writing the book. Part of the story is also a reflection of my time as a technician in the Army Nuclear Weapon Program stationed at Fort Sill, OK.

Each of my books is based on some element of truth and a back filled with a lot of pure story telling.

More of my profile can be found on my home page:     https://sites.google.com/site/jeffreyabaileyauthor/home

Follow the links to read the first few pages of my current books. My first book, The Defect, is scheduled for release in May, 2016. Inquire at your local book store, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment